Google has officially rolled out the latest version of their mobile OS – Android 7.0 Nougat. Obviously, Google’s Nexus devices will be getting first taste of of the latest software.
Check out the first lucky Nexus devices:
- Nexus 6P from Huawei
- Nexus 5X from LG
- Nexus 6 from Motorola
- Nexus 9 from HTC
- Nexus Player from ASUS
- Google Pixel C
- General Mobile 4G (Android One device)
Android 7.0 Nougat brings some new features but nothing much you will see on stock vanilla Android UI.
Here check out the new features:
- Expanded emoji: There are now over 1,500 different emoji built into Android, including 72 new ones, so go ahead: express yourself.
- Quick Settings controls: Quick Settings gives you easy access to things like bluetooth, WiFi and the all-important flashlight. With Android Nougat, you can actually control what tiles go where, and move ‘em around to fit your needs.
- Multi-locale support: Apps can tailor their content based on your locale settings. So if you speak multiple languages, for instance, then search engines can show results in each of those languages.
- Multi-window: Run two apps side-by-side. The windows are resizable, too, by simply dragging the divider.
- Direct Reply: Reply directly to notifications without having to open any app.
- Quick Switch: Switch between your two most recently used apps by simply double tapping the Overview button.
- VulkanTM: Games will now leap to life thanks to high-speed, next-generation graphics — all powered by your device’s multi-core processor.
- Daydream: Android Nougat is ready to transport you to virtual worlds with Daydream-ready phones, headsets and controllers — all coming later this year.
- Seamless updates: New Android devices with Nougat can install software updates in the background which means you won’t have to wait while your device installs the update and optimizes all your apps for the new version. And for current Nexus users, software updates now install much faster, so you won’t have to wait for minutes while your device reboots.
- File-based encryption: Android Nougat can better isolate and protect files for individual users on your device.
- Direct Boot: Direct Boot helps your device startup faster, and apps run
If you own the following devices above, just go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update. Please make sure you have a stable WiFi connection and sufficient battery before downloading.