Huawei has just announced a device that we think will challenge the ASUS Zenfone 3. Here is the Huawei G9 Plus. Specs are very close to the Zenfone 3 – Snapdragon 625 chipset, 5.5-inch display, 16 megapixel camera, 4GB RAM, fingerprint scanner and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Huawei G9 Plus:
- 2.0GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- Adreno 506 graphics
- 32GB internal memory/ 3 or 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory/ 4GB RAM
- Expandable memory via MicroSD up to 256GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF, OIS, and dual LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,340 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
Specs are pretty impressive on paper and truly a worthy nemesis of the ASUS Zenfone 3. One advantage we see here of the Huawei G9 Plus is the larger 3.340 mAh battery as compared with 3,000 mAh of the Zenfone 3. The Huawei G9 Plus has a price tag of RMB 2,399 for the 3GB RAM variant. No word about the price of the 4GB RAM model. It will hit stores in China on August 25.