And it is now here fellow techies! After its big announcement last night, Samsung Philippines has just launched the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the local market. As promised we were able to get a hands on time with this new phone and we are drooling! Just read on.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7:
- Octa Core Exynos 8893 processor
- Mali T880 MP12 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 256GB
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (back panel)
- 12 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF, OIS, LED flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera, f/1.7 aperture, auto HDR
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type C, Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Scanner, Heart Rate Sensor
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3,500 mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Price: P39,990
In terms of looks, Samsung has just refined the Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s aesthetics. Basically, it looks very similar with the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 of last year. We saw the new Coral Blue color of the Note 7 at some of the videos from American bloggers but unfortunately only the Gold and Onyx Black variants are the ones will be sold here. Anyway, we find the Galaxy Note 7 surprisingly light despite getting a slight bump on battery.
The one will be available here is powered by Samsung’s Exynos chipset found on the Samsung Galaxy S7 with 64GB ROM. We love the big storage and the return of the microSD card slot that is missing from last year’s model. It is also dual SIM but SIM 2 is a hybrid which means you can only insert either a SIM card or a microSD card.
When it comes to display, Samsung remains to be King. The 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display is gorgeous. It can go extremely bright outdoors and very dim when in a dark room. We managed to take some photos from the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. Check it out and you’ll be the judge!
We are very excited to spend more time with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 once we get our review unit arrives. For now, the phone left us drooling for more time. 🙂