TCL Communications’ other brand, Flash Mobile has announced the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Alcatel Flash 2. This is the last smartphone carrying Flash Mobility’s sister brand Alcatel after it gets its own independence. The Flash Plus 2 is the first smartphone to drop the Alcatel name.
Here’s a quick refresher of specs for those who wishes to buy one.
Alcatel Flash 2:
- 1.3GHz Octa Core Mediatek MK6753 processor
- Mali T760 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with LED flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
The Alcatel Flash 2 is currently available at Lazada for P4,999. In order for you to get the v1.7 Android 6.0 Marshmallow file, you need to update your phone to v3.8 first.
Once updated, you can proceed with the major update. The company has strict reminders that your phone should be UNROOTED, back up all data and remove your microSD card first. The update will bring not just the latest software but major improvements such as new quick shortcuts in status bar, improve battery consumption, improve experience on Chrome browser and many more. It will, however, no more support OTG file in file managers and install apps on microSD.
To download the update, click here.