Oppo Philippines has sent us an Oppo F1 Plus unit for review. The Oppo F1 Plus is the bigger brother of the selfie-centric Oppo F1. These devices are aimed to please our selfielord market with its awesome front facing camera and enchanced features from its software. Let’s go with the unboxing!
Oppo F1 Plus
- 2.0GHz octa core Mediatek Helio P10 processor
- Mali T860 MP2 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB (use SIM 2 slot)
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 16 megapixel front facing f/2.0 aperture camera with wide angle lens, phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,850 mAh battery with VOOC Fast Charge
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with ColorOS 3.0
What’s inside the box?
- Oppo F1 Plus unit
- VOOC-enabled wall adapter
- USB cable
Before we comment on where Oppo got its inspiration from on designing this phone, we just want to point out that the Oppo F1 Plus is beautiful piece of hardware. Build quality, by far, is very solid. It is one thing that we like about Oppo smartphones since it adapted metal to their phones.
Yes, yes, yes. It is an Apple iPhone 6s on Android. Is it a bad thing? Not at all! Apple designs their phones beautifully and we do understand why Oppo is getting some inspiration from them. Since it is designed just like an iPhone, there are pros but there are cons as well. The phone is slippery so make sure you buy a case for this.
The inspiration doesn’t end there because once we turned on the Oppo F1 Plus, an iOS inspired ColorOS 3.0 greeted us upon boot up. More on the software on full our full review.
We are now excited to take this device for a spin! Our focus for our full review is the camera, performance and battery life especially with that smallish 2,850 mAh battery.