Tomorrow is the big day! Huawei Mobile Philippines will be launching the Huawei P9 and two more on a big event tomorrow night. We are so lucky that we are one of the few who was to get a first glimpse of this new phone. The company gave us enough time to play around with the device especially the much-bragged Leica and Huawei partnership to its camera. Come and join us explore the device.
- 2.5Ghz octa core HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor
- Mali T880 MP4 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable memory via MicroSD up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Dual 12 megapixel rear facing camera with Leica optics, phase detection autofocus and dual LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EmotionUI 4.1
- Price: P23,990
- Status: Available starting June 15, 2015 at Huawei Concept Stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- Huawei P9 unit
- USB Type C cable
- Wall Adapter
- SIM card ejector
Our first impressions are more focused on the aesthetics and a bit from the software. Due to our limited time with it, we were not able to insert our SIM card, test further the battery and download games to test the chipset’s performance.
Hands down to Huawei for the amazing job with the hardware. It does stand out when being placed with our own Apple iPhone 6. The Huawei P9 shouts premium and elegance without the elegant price. Please do note that this beautiful piece of hardware is only P23,990. Though it may be pricey for some, at least you won’t pay P35,000 for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or the Apple iPhone 6s.
On the software front, the Huawei P9 has Huawei’s own EMUI on top of Android 6.0 Marshmallow. So far experience has been very smooth. We will dig deeper on the software once we get our review unit.
SAMPLE CAMERA SHOTS
And now for the star of the show – that CAMERA. You be the judge and take a gaze upon our sample photos below.
Overall, we are in love with the Huawei P9! We want one, as in for keeps! You can just throw away your traditional point and shoot cameras and just use the Huawei P9. It works like a pro! Though our review is not that extensive, we will get more hands on with the Huawei P9 once we were able to get a review unit.