Our friends from Acer Philippines has sent us a review unit of the Acer Liquid Zest 4G which was recently announced last month. There are two variants – the 3G and 4G variant. We have here is the 4G variant. Let’s take a quick look!
Acer Liquid Zest 4G:
- 1GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6735P processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- DTS High Quality audio
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- SRP: P5,999
- Status: Available at Acer stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Acer Liquid Zest 4G unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
At first glance, the Acer Liquid Zest 4G looks like any other Acer smartphone we’ve seen and reviewed on the past. Acer loves circles and it is very evident on the phone – circular earpiece, circular camera, circular speaker grill, etc. Since it has a slim profile, the Acer Liquid Zest is surprisingly light. It is indeed a sexy phone.
Buttons and ports placements:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – USB charging port
- Left – nothing
- Right – Power button and volume rockers
- Back – Speaker grill, 8 megapixel camera
- Front – Earpiece, 5-inch display
The Acer Liquid Zest 4G is loaded with bloatware such as games and Acer’s own apps. Good thing many of them can be uninstalled. There are so very few tweaks that has Acer has done with its UI so it looks a lot like stock Android. As of this writing, we have not installed anything yet and so far we noticed some lags but very rare.
We will be using the Acer Liquid Zest 4G for two weeks. During our review, we will taking a closer look at the battery, software and camera peformance. 🙂