We were able to get play around with the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) during yesterday’s launch event. It is Samsung’s less expensive alternative to the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. It is worth the look? Read on.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016)
- 1.6GHz Octa Core Exynos 7580 processor
- Mali T720 MP2 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, Fingerprint sensor
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,300 mAh battery with fast charging technology
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SRP: P22,990
- Status: Available at Samsung Experience Stores and retailers
Samsung continues the all metal and glass construction of the 2016 model from last year’s model. Change in the looks is very minimal but we notice that the Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 model looks smaller due to its smaller bezels. Since the device is sandwiched between Corning Gorilla Glass 4, it is prone to fingerprints and smudges. These are more visible when you buy the black variant.
There are certain upgrades from the internals. We have here Samsung’s home brewed Exynos octa core processor paired with 3GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 200GB via MicroSD. Expect that your gaming experience will be fun. The fun will not stop too soon as well as the battery is bumped up to 3,300 mAh.
Samsung has now brought Optical Image Stabilization to the Galaxy A Series. If you have shaky hands, you will not worry about blurry photos and videos. Based on the photos taken from the device, colors are accurate, vibrant and sharp. It can also take good photos in low light thanks to its larger f/1.9 aperture.
Just like the flagship Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, Samsung has also toned down its bloatware on the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016). Good thing there are pre-installed Microsoft apps such as Office, Outlook, Skype, etc.
We are so excited to test the Samsung Galaxy A7! So far, we are very impressed on what we’ve seen here. We just have to wait for our review unit. 🙂