We were able to get an opportunity to get a short hands on of the Huawei T1 7.0 Plus. This is Huawei’s entry level tablet with double the RAM and ROM as compared to the T1 without the plus. Is it worth your time and money? Let’s find out.
Huawei T1 7.0 Plus:
- 1.2GHz quad core Spreadtrum SC7731G processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 7-inch WSVGA IPS LCD display (1024 x 600 pixels)
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 4,100 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with EMUI 3.0
What’s inside the box?
- Huawei T1 7.0 Plus unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
AT first glance, the Huawei T1 7.0 Plus looks like any other 7-inch tablet in the market. The metal and plastic combination adds some premium touch to it making it more expensive than its original SRP.
Ports and buttons check:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – USB charging port and microphone
- Left – nothing
- Right – power button, volume rockers, USB and nano SIM slot
- Back – 5 megapixel camera
- Front – 2 megapixel camera and 7-inch display
One gripe we had is the tablet still runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat though we did not notice any hiccups with the device. It has Huawei’s EMUI skin on top and it looks like any other Huawei device we’ve reviewed. If you hate the UI it will be impossible to change it when you download a launcher because the software prevents it to be used.
We are pretty sure gaming experience will be joy thanks to its generous 2GB of RAM. The large 4,100 mAh battery is big enough for playing games for long hours. Huawei claims the battery last about 12 hours of moderate usage which is not bad.
The Huawei T1 7.0 Plus is a perfect device for your kids this summer and probably, a perfect tool for when they go back to school two months from now. We will have a more in depth review soon. Stay tuned. 🙂