Lenovo remains to be aggressive on its new smartphones under its new company logo. At first we thought that Lenovo will no longer make smartphones since it acquired Motorola in 2014. But the company did not stop and continue making smartphones under their own brand. Lenovo further strengthens its Vibe line up of smartphones with the Lenovo Vibe P1.
Lenovo has been known for its large batteries inside their smartphones and that tradition continues with the Lenovo Vibe P1. First announced at IFA 2015 late last year in Berlin, Germany, the Lenovo Vibe P1’s main selling point is the large 5,000 mAh battery which is masssive enough to power the device much longer. We have a unit here and unbox it!
Lenovo Vibe P1:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1080 x 1920 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS
- 5,000 mAh battery with Lenovo’s Rocket Charge
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SRP: P14,999
- Status: Available at Lenovo stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Lenovo Vibe P1 unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
- earphones (not included in photo)
- Screen protector
- Clear Case
- OTG adapter
At first glance, the Lenovo Vibe P1 reminds us so much of the old HTC One M7 especially when you take a closer look at the back. The upper part of the back is actually plastic and can be removed to reveal the dual SIM card slots and microSD card slot. The rest of the back is metal and glass at the front. It is quite heavy at 189 grams but for us, it is quite ok. It is surprisingly lighter than the Asus Zenfone Max with is 202 grams weight.
Button and ports check:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack and noise-cancelling microphone
- Left – volume rocker and power button
- Right – one-flick toggle
- Bottom – USB charging port and speaker grill
- Back – 13 megapixel rear facing camera with flash
- Front – 5 megapixel front camera, 5.5-inch display, home button and sensors
So far we are very impressed with the quality of the Lenovo Vibe P1 just like we are impressed with their other smartphones we’ve reviewed in the past. We just noticed that the Lenovo Vibe P1 has an app drawer which is already gone on other Lenovo smartphones. You can make it disappear when you change the theme. Lenovo has its own theme store that changes the look of the your phone. Pretty neat!
We will be using the Lenovo Vibe P1 as our daily driver for the next two weeks. The battery, performance and camera will be our priority for testing.