When we hear Intel on smartphones, there’s one brand that comes into mind – Asus. But the latest Asus smartphones with Intel chipset cost more than P10,000. So here comes Cloudfone with its new smartphone offering, the Cloudfone Special Edition. Why is it called “Special Edition”? Let’s find out!
Cloudfone Special Edition:
- 1.3GHz quad core Intel X3 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass (1280 x 720 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 1,900 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SRP: P4,999
- Status: Available in Cloudfone stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Cloudfone Special Edition unit
- Special Edition Disney earphones
- Special Edition Disney case
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
The reason it is called “Special Edition” is because Cloudfone has included special edition accessories from Disney, Marvel or Star Wars on the package. We have here are Disney accessories and its pink! It clearly shows that Cloudfone indeed targets it youth market.
Now let’s get in the device itself, the Cloudfone Special Edition. The device looks and feels premium with its metal chamfered edges. The Cloudfone Special Edition is noticeably lighter and slimmer which appeals to girls. The Intel branding is proudly present at the back of the device, a proof that the Cloudfone Special Edition won’t disappoint you in performance.
Button and ports check:
- Left – nothing
- Right – volume rockers and power button
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – USB charging port and microphone
- Back – 8 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash and speaker grill
- Front – 5-inch display, sensors and 2 megapixel front camera
We will be using the Cloudfone Special Edition for two weeks. Our focus of our review is mainly in performance. 🙂