Battery remains to be a constant problem with smartphones and because of that, buyers are now making battery as one of the key points when looking for their next smartphone. Gionee was one of the companies who listened to the demands of customers and released the Gionee Marathon M5 last year. Cellprime, the local distributor of Gionee’s smartphones has brought this smartphone to the local market. We have a review unit here and let’s unbox it.
Gionee Marathon M5:
- 1.5GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6735 64-bit processor
- Mali T720 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 6,020 mAh battery (two 3,010 mAh batteries) with Quick Charge support
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo UI 3.1
What’s inside the box?
- Gionee Marathon M5 unit
- Wall adapter
- USB cable
- earphones – not shown on photos
- Screen protector
- Jelly case
Honestly we knew that the Gionee Marathon M5 has a huge battery and kinda overlooked the specs. Then we researched the complete specs and found out that the Gionee Marathon M5 has a insanely large 6,020 mAh battery! Now, talking about if may forever, indeed, there is forever with this battery. We also found out that the device has two separate batteries (two 3,010 mAh batteries) inside.
If there’s a phone with large battery, there should be a fast charging feature. Indeed, it has large wall adapter that can speed up charging. We got the phone with no charge at all and we got full charge within 2 hours and 15 minutes only. More on the battery and its endurance when we write our full review.
Buttons and ports check:
- Left – dual SIM tray
- Right – memory card tray, power botton and volume rockers
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack and IR blaster
- Bottom – USB charging port and microphone
- Back – 13 megapixel camera with flash and speaker grill
- Front – 5.5-inch display, sensors and 5 megapixel front camera
We will be using the Gionee Marathon M5 as our daily driver for two weeks. Part of our review will go to the battery and and overall performance.