Xiaomi has announced its 2016 flagship smartphone at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain. Folks meet the Xiaomi Mi 5!
The Xiaomi Mi 5 is loaded with features found on a flagship smartphone – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset, 5-inch display, 16 megapixel rear facing Sony camera, fingerprint sensor and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is also made with ceramic back and metal frame making it look and feel premium.
Xiaomi Mi 5:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 4GB RAM/ 128GB internal memory – Pro edition
- 3GB RAM/ 32GB or 64GB internal memory – Standard edition
- 5.15-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Autofocus, 4-axis Optical Image Stabilization and dual LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, IR Blaster, Fingerprint Sensor, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will be available in China on March 1. Price for the Xiaomi Mi 5 are as follows: 3GB RAM/32GB ROM – RMB 1999, 3GB RAM/64GB ROM – RMB 2299, 4GB RAM/128GB ROM – RMB 2699. No word yet about its international availability.