VAIO is a former subsidiary of Sony that makes laptops under the VAIO brand. In February 2014, Sony sold VAIO to Japan Indutrial Partners and the independent company VAIO Corporation was formed. Sony maintains a small 5% stake in the new company.
The company continues to make laptops for the US and Japanese market but recently, VAIO announced its first smartphone, the VAIO Phone Biz. The device is running Windows 10 and has pretty good specs too!
VAIO Phone Biz:
- 1.2GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,800 mAh battery
- Windows 10 Mobile
The VAIO Phone Biz will be available in Japan this April for $424. Let’s just hope and pray that it reaches our shores too.