Gionee in the Philippines has been very inactive in 2015. Apparently, we found out that the old folks who handles Gionee in the Philippines no longer handles the business in the later months. Then Cloudfone’s mother company, Cellprime Distribution Corporation entered the picture and now handles distribution, marketing and after sales of Gionee. The company had a big event and launched four new smartphones. One of which is the 2015 flagship, the Gionee ELife E8. Our friends from Cellprime are kind enough to lend us the latest flagship and we are so excited to unbox it!
Gionee ELife E8:
- 2GHz Octa Core Mediatek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor
- PowerVR G6200 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory
- 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED display (2560 x 1440 pixels) 490 ppi
- 23.7 megapixel rear facing camera with optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus and dual LED, dual tone flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,500 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo UI 3.1
- SRP: P24,999
What’s inside the box?
- Gionee ELife E8 unit
- Earphones (They really look good!)
- USB cable
- Wall Adapter
- Free screen protector
- Free Flip Cover Case
Well, what can we say. ITS HUGE! Yes guys, the Gionee ELife E8 is behemoth in size. Small hands will have a hard time holding it with one hand. But on the flip side, it is very gorgeous and sophisticated. You might think that the body is 100% metal, but it is not. The metal-looking plastic back is removable revealing the dual SIM slots, microSD card slot and the non removable battery. The device is quite heavy too because of the metal sides and large battery contributing to the weight.
Button and ports check:
- left nothing
- right are the volume rockers, power button and dedicated camera button
- bottom are the microphone and USB charging port
- top is the 3.5mm headset jack
- back are the fingerprint scanner, 23.7 megapixel camera with dual LED flash and speaker grill
We are pretty impressed with Gionee ELife E8’s design alone and we do love this gold variant. However, we noticed that the phone gets warm when checking our social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram. We will monitor this and it affects performance or gets too hot when playing games. Full review in two weeks!