Xiaomi has officially announced its new affordable smartphone, the Xiaomi Redmi 3. It is a successor of the highly popular Xiaomi Redmi 2 of last year. The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is a big step up from its predecessor with its full metal body, a new chipset from Qualcomm, a larger 5-inch display, 13 megapixel camera and running Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Xiaomi Redmi 3:
- 1.5GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 4,100 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 has a price tag of RMB 799. No word about its international availability and its arrival in the Philippines.