As the holiday season nears, local brands are unveiling new phones that will a perfect gift for your love ones. But what about a gift for yourself but can’t afford a 30k plus smartphone? Good thing, Starmobile has unveiled their latest flagship smartphone, the Starmobile Knight Spectra. Our review unit has just arrived last Friday and we are excited to share our first 48 hours with it.
Starmobile Knight Spectra:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED On Cell display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 13 megapixel + 2 megapixel rear facing camera with aufocus and LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG, Digital TV
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,500 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SRP: P14,990
- Status: Available at Starmobile stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- Starmobile Knight Spectra unit
- USB cable
- Wall Adapter
- Screen Protector
- Clear Case
- DTV Antenna
One word to describe the Starmobile Knight Spectra – GORGEOUS! When we took it out of the box, we knew we won’t be ashamed to place beside the Sony Xperia Z5 or the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. It looks so sophisticated and classy to hold as our jaw dropped for a minute by just admiring its looks. We just find the Knight Spectra to be a major fingerprint magnet. Just prepare a small cloth to wipe off smudges everytime.
Starmobile made some tweaks with its UI. We look into the settings and its has this Meizu-like animation and orientation. The display is an AMOLED panel so expect colors to pop.
After 48 hours, we have not taken any photo nor downloaded any apps as we are still taking more time looking the beautiful hardware. Good job Starmobile! Our contributor Elpee Abias will be reviewing the Starmobile Knight Spectra for the next two weeks. We will testing those dual rear cameras and how it fares on different lighting situations.