Tizen is an operating system developed by Linux Foundation together with Samsung and Intel. The said operating system is currently used on Samsung’s smartwatches and smart TVs. Earlier this year, Samsung has released the Z1, the first smartphone to run on this operating system.
Samsung has just recently announced the Samsung Z3 which runs Tizen OS. Specs are pretty entry level with its quad core processor, a 5-inch display, and 8 megapixel rear camera.
- 1.3GHz quad core Spreadtrum processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD Super AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Tizen OS 2.3
The Samsung Z3 will be available starting October 21 with a price tag of INR 8,500 or around Php 6,000.