Three weeks after Apple unveiled its new iPhones, its software arch-rival, Google, has launched its new Nexus devices. If last year Google has partnered with Motorola for the Nexus 6, this time, the company partnered with LG and Huawei. One of the two devices announced is the Google Nexus 5x (or LG Nexus 5X).
One big advantage of Nexus devices is they are tirst to get updates from Google because it runs pure vanilla Android without any customization of the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers). New features include a fingerprint sensor, a 12.3 megapixel camera, a 5.2-inch display, and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Google Nexus 5X (LG Nexus 5X)
- 2GHZ Hexa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- Adreno 418 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1080 x 1920 pixels), 424 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 12.3 megapixel rear facing camera with laser autofocus and dual LED flash, f/2,0 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type C port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,700 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The Google Nexus 5X will be available for pre-order starting today in UK, US, South Korea, Japan and Ireland. The phone starts at $379.99 for the 16GB variant.