We’ve been getting requests to review the Lenovo A7000 and we’ve been trying to buy one on Lazada when it goes on sale but we always ran out of stock. When Lenovo Philippines announced its availability on retailers and Lenovo stores, we bought one. So here it is guys! Let’s unbox it.
Lenovo A7000 specs:
- 1.5GHz Octa Core Mediatek MT6752m processor
- Mali T760MP2 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 267 ppi
- Dolby ATMOS surround sound
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,900 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Lenovo Vibe UI
- SRP: P7,499 on Lazada / P7,990 on Lenovo stores and retailers
- Status: Available
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
- screen protector
- clear case
Despite having a large screen and battery, we it surprising that the Lenovo A7000 is lightweight and slim. It is also very comfortable to hold with one hand. We have here the white version and good thing it is not slippery and the back does not attract fingerprints
Button placements – nothing on the left, power/lock button and volume rockers on the right, 3.5mm headset jack and USB charging port at the top and nothing at the bottom.
Lenovo smartphone have their own custom UI on top of Android 5.0 Lollipop called Vibe UI. Just like any other Chinese smartphone, there is no app tray here and all your apps are on the home screen. The Lenovo A7000 is the first smartphone equipped with Dolby ATMOS surround sound technology. We will be testing its audio quality as well as other features for our full review.