Samsung Philippines gathered the local media and bloggers to get the first look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 5. So here’s our first impressions!
Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Octa Core Samsung Exynos 7420 64-bit processor
- Mali T760 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display (2560 x 1440 pixels), 518 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 (front and back)
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with with Optical Image Stabilization, dual LED flash with f/1.9 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi, NFC,
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Qi Wireless Charging
- 3,000 mAh battery with quick charging
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Samsung TouchWiz
- SRP: P36,990 (32GB model)
Based on the looks alone, it looks like an oversized Samsung Galaxy S6. But there are noticeable differences. The Galaxy Note 5 is smaller than the Galaxy Note 4 because of smaller bezels. It is also significantly smaller than the Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
The Galaxy Note 5 is also a much better looking piece of hardware than its predecessor. It is now covered with metal and Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The back cover is curved to make it comfortable to hold with one hand. As for the display, it is the best display we’ve seen on a smartphone.
We played around with the camera and its UI but unfortunately, we were not able to take pictures. Samsung’s TouchWiz UI and its bloatware of the past has been toned down too just like what we noticed on the Galaxy S6.
Should you Galaxy Note 4 users upgrade? It depends. If you hate that leather back on your phone then its time to upgrade. But we strongly recommend if you are a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or Galaxy S5 user, this is the perfect time to upgrade. Coming from the iPhone? Well, its about time to switch! 🙂