Yesterday, we are strolling down along the gadget shops in Glorietta and we passed by the old Nokia store (soon to be a Microsoft Authorized Reseller). We asked the nice saleslady as to when will the LTE version of the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL be available.
And we were surprised with their answer – it is coming soon probably this week or next week. As we write this article, only the dual SIM variant of the Lumia 640 XL is available. Even the smaller Lumia 640 is not yet available.
We were at the launch of the Lumia 640 XL about 3 months ago and we were a little disappointed when Microsoft only launched the dual SIM version and not the LTE variant. You can check out our first impressions with the dual SIM variant here.
Here’s the list of specs of the Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE.
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal strorage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.7-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 259 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
The Microsoft Lumia 640 XL both dual SIM and LTE variants will receive the much-awaited Windows 10 update later this year.