Just barely a month ago, Huawei unveiled the 2015 flagship Huawei P8 and its less-speced sibling, the Huawei P8 Lite to the local market. Both phones are also available with Globe’s postpaid plan. But if you wish to buy these phones unlocked, you can now grab one in Huawei stores and retailers.
We have here is the Huawei P8 Lite, the more affordable version of the 2015 flagship, though lacking in specs compared to the P8, the P8 Lite does have something that might delight you. Let’s unbox it!
Huawei P8 Lite:
- 1.2GHz Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 620 64-bit processor
- Mali T450 MP4 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (micro + nano), Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,200 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with EmotionUI 3.1
- SRP: P9,990
- Status: Available on Huawei stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Unit itself
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
- SIM ejector
We instantly fell in love with the Huawei P8 Lite upon seeing it for the first time out of the box. It is a beautiful, well-crafted device. Although made in plastic, it looks and feels very premium. It seems Huawei has done a great job building this phone.
Now let’s check the button and port placements – the volume rocker, power button, and SIM trays are all located on the right side of the device while the 3.5mm earphone jack is at the top and USB charging port and speakers are at the bottom.
Overall the phone is extremely light and slim which is very delightful to hold. It is such a looker! The display is decent while operation and navigating the device is smooth. We have not installed anything yet on this device and we will reserve the rest of our judgement on the full review. 🙂