After all those teasers and leaks, OnePlus has finally made it official. Guys, meet the OnePlus 2, the successor to last year’s OnePlus One.
Okay for those who are not in the loop yet about OnePlus, it is a Chinese smartphone maker established in 2013. Let’s have a brief history here. It was founded by Peter Lau, a former executive of Oppo. OnePlus seeks to break in to the US Market when they launched the OnePlus One last year, the company’s first smartphone offering. Well, it was a hit for American tech bloggers who reviewed it. You can’t find it in any store because it is sold online and via invite system that OnePlus made. The said smartphone is also available in the Philippines via online store Lazada.
A year after that, the OnePlus 2 has been announced. Just like its predecessor, it will be a flagship killer.
OnePlus 2 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 version 2.1 64-bit processor
- 3GB RAM/16GB internal memory
- 4GB RAM/64GB internal memory
- 5.5-inch Full HD display
- Fingerprint sensor
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with laser autofocus and dual LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby, Dual LTE
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,300 mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with OxygenOS
The OnePlus 2 will cost you $329 for the 3GB RAM/16GB ROM (around Php 14,000) configuration and $389 for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM configuration (around Php 17,000). It will be first available in US, Canada, India, Europe, and China on August 11 and Southeast Asia in Q4 2015.