Huawei is indeed leveling up the specs of their mid range offerings. The company has announced the Huawei G8, a mid range smartphone and successor to last year’s Huawei Ascend G7.
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM/16GB internal storage
- 3GB RAM/32GB internal storage
- expandable via MicroSD
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- fingerprint sensor
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with EMUI
The Huawei G8 has a price tag of $370 for the 2GB RAM model and $434 for the 3GB RAM model in China. No word yet about its international release.