During the opening Microsoft’s second authorized reseller last Saturday, July 4, we were able to play around with the affordable Microsoft Lumia 540 Dual SIM. So, what are our first impressions? Find out and read on.
Microsoft Lumia 540 Dual SIM:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with wide angle lens
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,200 mAh battery
- Windows Phone 8.1
- SRP: P7,990
- Status: Available on Microsoft Authorized Resellers and retailers
The Microsoft Lumia 540 Dual SIM looks like any other affordable Lumia smartphones – comes with many color options, rounded edges and really comfortable to hold. Lumias don’t have these really thin nor extremely light smartphone we find on other brands like Oppo, Gionee and Apple but all Lumias are very nice to hold with one hand.
Most affordable Lumia devices sport low resolution displays good thing Microsoft opted to put an HD 5-inch display. The screen is sharp and bright with good viewing angles and accurate colors. Performance was overall smooth and we never had issues of lag and stutter which we like most about Windows Phone. It can run smoothly even on low end hardware.
Probably our only gripe is the lack of LTE connectivity, that’s all. Other than that, it is an amazing device. More than that, it is also upgradable to Windows 10.