Globe Telecom released a press statement after the uproar of many netizens when the telco announced its new Globe Tattoo Home Broadband plans. We reported the other day that Globe revamped its Tattoo Home Broadband service shifting from daily data cap to a monthly data cap.
Here are the clarifications made by Globe:
- The new Tattoo Home Broadband plans are CONSUMABLE data plans with corresponding data allocations.
- Customers can opt to add data boosters if they need more data.
- An additional 50GB of data can be availed by customers on top of their base data allowance.
- Old and existing subscribers will not be forced to migrate to the new plan.
- If an old subscriber downgrades, upgrades or renews their contracts, they will be migrated to the new plan.
- Old plans still exists. Plan 999 has landline and unlimted internet up to 1Mbps and Plan 1099 has landline and unlimited internet up to 2Mbps. Basic internet Plan 899 has speeds up to 1Mbps.
Oh, bummer. They still do have unlimited internet but speed is limited up to 2Mbps. Oh well, just read our article about Alternative Internet Service Providers. We still recommend you check on PLDT Home DSL and SkyBroadband.