Sony yesterday has announced that it has started to roll out Google’s latest software, Android 5.0 Lollipop, on its current flagship smartphone – the Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
Here are some of the improvements and feature once it is updated on the latest software:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
The update is currently being rolled out in Northern Europe with other markets to follow soon. Timing and availability will depend on the market and carrier network.