After releasing two smartphones with a physical QWERTY keyboard, BlackBerry announced yesterday the BlackBerry Leap, a smartphone with a 5-inch display. Specs are a bit outdated especially that dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipset. We wonder why BlackBerry opted to use this chipset instead of the newer Snapdragon 410. But nonetheless, BlackBerry OS runs perfectly on older hardware.
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,800 mAh battery
- BlackBerry OS 10.3.1
Here is a hands on video of the BlackBerry Leap:
The BlackBerry Leap is now up for pre-order. Click this link to place your pre-order. In the Philippines, retail store MemoXpress is the only store selling BlackBerry phone. You can wait for its availability if you don’t want to place your orders online.