Finally! Our fellow techies, gadget geeks and our readers who eagerly waits for this device, here it is! The Starmobile Knight X is here! Without further introduction, let’s unbox it, shall we?
Starmobile Knight X:
- Octa Core Mediatek MT6595M processor (2GHz quad core Cortex A17 and 1.7GHz Quad Core Cortex A7)
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1080 x 1280 pixels)
- scratch resistant glass
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX135 camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano SIM), Dual Standby and DUAL LTE
- LTE , HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- NFC, USB OTG, Infrared Port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,350 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kikat
- SRP: P15,990
- Status: Available at Starmobile stores, kiosks, and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself (Gorgeous piece of hardware!)
- SIM card tray opener
- flip cover case
- USB cable
- USB OTG cable
- screen protector already installed on the device
If there’s one thing we want to say about the device is that it is a beautiful piece of hardware. This is one classy smartphone in which you won’t be shy to flaunt it to your “sosyal” friends and say “Hey guys, it is proudly Pinoy-made!”. The device is very well built, just like always say about every Starmobile smartphone and tablet we’ve reviewed. Its sophisticated look and its gray and black combination makes this phone really premium looking.
Let’s take a look at the button placements. The Infrared Port and 3.5mm headset jack on the top, volume rockers on the left, power/lock button at the right, and USB charging port on the left. At the back we have the 13 megapixel Sony camera and the external speakers and at the front is the beautiful 5.5-inch Full HD display with the 5 megapixrl front facing camera and sensors.
During our first 24 hours with it, we are happy to report that we are impressed how fast the device performs on basic tasks such as emails and social networks. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is already installed in the device when we powered it up the first time. We will be taking this smartphone for a spin and our full review with video will be posted in a week.