Gionee Philippines announced on its Facebook page that Android 4.4 Kitkat is now available on the entry level Gionee Pioneer P4. We had a chance to review it last year and we are very happy with its gaming prowess.
- 1.3 GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582 processor
- Mali 400 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.5 inch FWVGA TFT display (480 x 854 pixels)
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel fromt facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual SIM (Micro + Regular), Dual Standby
- GPS, A-GPS
- 1,800 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean with Amigo UI (now upgradable to Android 4.4 Kitkat)
But when we checked the comments of some Pioneer P4 owners on Facebook, it seems not all have not received the said update yet. We advise you to just keep monitoring your phone. Make sure you have sufficient battery juice and connected to WiFi once you received a notification for an update. Just go to Settings, then About Phone, then System Updates to download it.
If you already download the update, please do share your experience with us. Was there any significant changes in performance or battery? Got questions? Tweet and follow @filipinotechie and @immarkmarcelo on Twitter and Instagram.