Oppo Philippines has just announced that the world’s thinnest smartphone, the Oppo R5 is coming really soon. The company will be accepting pre-orders on Oppo stores, kiosks and authorized dealers. This smartphone dethroned the Gionee ELife S5.1 as the world’s thinnest smartphone when it was announced in October.
Because the Oppo R5 is so thin at 4.85mm, the company was forced to omit the 3.5mm headset jack. There’s a special USB cable to insert your headset.
- 1.5GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 423 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX 214 camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4,4 Kitkat with ColorOS
Before you place your interest at your nearest Oppo store, please watch the review of the Oppo R5 from international tech blogs.
No price has been announced yet for the Oppo R5 but if you are pretty interested still, just go to the nearest Oppo store, kiosk or authorized retailer.