Now Android OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) are bumping up the batteries of their smartphones. The first smartphone with a humongous 5,000 mAh battery is the THL 5000 which is already available in Novo7 Tech stores. Gionee immediately followed with the Gionee Marathon M3 with the same large battery size.
Gionee Marathon M3 specs:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek processor
- Mali 450 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 5,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
No word on pricing and availability just yet.