Apple has also announced the 3rd generation of the iPad Mini alongside the new iPad Air 2. It retains the same design of the 2nd generation iPad Mini but some notable improvements especially its internals. The iPad Mini 3 now has Touch ID, a feature present on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and a better camera.
Apple iPad Mini 3:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Apple A7 processor
- PowerVR G6430 graphics
- 16/64/128GB internal storage
- 7.9-inch IPS LCD display (1534 x 2048 pixels) 324 ppi
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 6,470 mAh Li-Po battery
- iOS 8.1
Same as the iPad Air 2, the Apple iPad Mini 3 will be available in US on October 24. No word yet of its international availability.