Philippine distributor Novo7 Tech has been known for exclusively distributing smartphones made from China like THL and Zopo. Adding to Novo7 Tech’s growing number of brands is Meizu, another Chinese smartphone maker that is now poses a threat to Xiaomi’s growing market.
Just a brief history. Meizu is not a newbie in the industry. Established in 2003, Meizu has been making feature phones and music players for the longest time. They ventured into making smartphones in 2008 and released their first smartphone, the Meizu M8 Mini One in 2009. The company started the MX series of smartphones which are running Android in 2012 and became a hit.
The Meizu MX4 is the company’s latest flagship smartphone announced last month. Novo7 Tech will be selling the MX4 alongside with last year’s MX3.
Meizu MX4 specs:
- Octa Core Mediatek MT6595 processor (2.2GHz Quad Core Cortex A17 and 1.7GHz Quad Core Cortex A7)
- PowerVR G6200 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal memory
- 5.36-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 418 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Aircraft-grade aluminum frame
- 20.7 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX 220 camera with Exymor RS BSI sensor, autofocus and dual tone LED flash
- 2.1 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, QZSS
- 3,100 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with Flyme UI 4.0
Here’s a very very long review of the Meizu MX4 from GizChina:
Novo7 Tech will be selling the Meizu MX4 for only P14,999 for the 16GB version and P16,999 for the 32GB version. This is such a good buy considering its awesome specs. As for the availability, we have no idea when will the Meizu MX4 will be officially available but we will update this article soon.
Want to ask something? Tweet and follow @immarkmarcelo on Twitter and Instagram.