2014 is indeed the year for Chinese smartphone manufacturer Xiaomi to shine. First, the Xiaomi Mi 3 became a superstar being the cheapest smartphone powered by a quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Then, Xiaomi has dethroned Samsung in terms of smartphone sales in China and the most recent announcement of the Xiaomi Mi 4.
Now, Xiaomi has just announced the LTE capable version of the Xiaomi Redmi Note. The non-LTE version is powered by an Octa Core processor from Mediatek and the LTE capable Redmi Note is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 400 processor.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G LTE specs:
- 1.6GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,100 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with MIUI
As always, China will be the first get a glance of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G LTE on August 12. Afterall, it is Xiaomi’s home country. No word of its international release.