Starmobile has 3 smartphones running Android 4.4 Kitkat out of the box. One of which is the Starmobile Turbo, a mid range smartphone with a killer dual camera and gesture based features.
Starmobile Turbo specs:
- 1.3GHz quad core Mediatek MT6582M processor
- Mali 400 MP2 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- 12 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, BSI, and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with BSI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby, Dual 3G
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, USB OTG, Miracast Ready
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P6,990
- Status: Available on Starmobile stores, kiosks and retailers, Available in white and black
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- screen protector
- flip cover
- USB OTG cable
- USB cable
Looking at the phone closely, the Starmobile Up has some resemblance with the LG G2 and the current flagship, the G3 only with thicker top and buttom bezels. We also love the white variant that we have here. White colored smartphones can be easily seen when reaching it in big bag or backpack. The phone also has a gold trim on the sides, front and bottom which gives the phone a nice elegant touch.
Display is gorgeous and we expect that from a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display. Colors are accurate, good viewing angles and it is viewable under direct sunlight. We also did our first Antutu Benchmark test and we got a score of 17,507, an impressive score.
Overall smoothness is very evident on the phone – scrolling on the apps, app transitions, and basic multitasking. We will be testing its gaming and more intense tasks on our full review.
That’s all for now folks! We will be reviewing this for a week as we make it our daily driver. 🙂