We spotted a demo unit of the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra in a Sony store in SM Megamall a few days ago. Since there were less than usual crowd in the area, we took the opportunity to play with it and here’s our shorts hands on experience with it. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is one of Sony’s new smartphones announced in January 2014 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- 1.4GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8928 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 6-inch HD IPS LCD Triluminos display (720 x 1280 pixels) 245ppi
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.1 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot. NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
- Price: P18,890 (S0ny store)
- Status: Available in Sony stores, retailers, and online stores
It is one big phone! This is our first impressions when we first saw the device. Sony’s outstanding build quality is what we also noticed on the device. The 6-inch HD display is sharp and bright but tilt it sideways and there you will see the screen fades. This screen size is perfect for movie watching, playing games and streaming videos.
LTE is a nice welcome too. Enjoy blazing fast internet speeds with either Globe or Smart with it. Lastly, we do love the price – only P18,890 (price as of this writing). despite the good specs it offers. One thing we were not able to cover is the camera. But based on the pictures stored on the phone, photos look good with nice color reproduction and saturation. Well, it’s a Sony so expect a good camera on this phone.
Verdict – We will recommend the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra to users who want Sony’s tried and tested build quality,good camera and a nice, large 6-inch HD screen.