We spotted a demo unit of the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact at a Sony Mobile store in Glorietta and we took the opportunity to play with the it for a few minutes.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact specs:
- 2.2 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.3 inch HD TFT display (1280 x 720 pixels) 342 ppi
- Shatter proof and scratch resistant glass
- IP58 certified – dust proof and water resistant for up to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- 20.7 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,300 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
- SRP: P28,990 on Sony stores (correct us guys if we’re wrong)
Build Quality and Hardware – The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is just like the Xperia Z1 only smaller and lighter. It a little thicker too. What we like about the Z1 Compact the overall build quality.
Display – Probably the biggest improvement on this phone is the display. Sony has finally used an IPS panel for their display. The result? Better viewing angles that is lacking on the Z1.
Performance – Normally, when we say “mini” specs are also toned down. Not on this phone because Sony retained all the internals of the Z1 on this phone.. So expect the same powerful and smooth performance when using the Z1 Compact.
Battery – We have yet to secure a review unit in order for us to comment over the phone’s battery performance.
Initial Verdict – If your thing is for smaller phones and you are considering to buy the Apple iPhone 5s, better take a look at the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact first. As you can see at the specs above, the SRP is nearing 30k. If you find this pretty pricey, you might want to check out Kimstore. The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is priced P22,490.