Ayala Mall’s flagship Glorietta continues its renovation of the old Glorietta 3 and 4 and the mall’s version of SM Cyberzone, The Digitial Exchange has now a growing lists of tenants. Two of which are Applewerkz, a store that sells Apple accessories and Lenovo Mobile store which replaces HTC’s store.
At the newly opened Lenovo store, I spotted the recently announced Lenovo A850 midrange smartphone.I was able to play around with and I would like to share my hands on experience with it.
Lenovo A850 specs:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core MediaTek 6582M processor
- Mali 400MP2 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory, expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5.5-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels) 200 ppi
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- VGA front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,250 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P9.999
- Smartphone makers are really pushing the screen size bigger, Now, 5 to 5.5 inches are the norm these days. Personally, I like the screen size despite the low res qHD display. I know if Lenovo pushes it to 720p, the price might go up.
- It seems that Lenovo is incorporating their phones into one design. The Lenovo A850 looks like any other Lenovo phones available today.
- I have lauded Lenovo for making really solid smartphones and the A850 is no exception. I used to own a Lenovo A706 and I have dropped that phone several times and it never broke down. Until now it is still working pretty well.
I have to secure a unit for review in order to test the camera, gaming, display and battery. Anyway, if you bought this phone, please do share your experience with it. 🙂