This year will be the year of the phablets and that very evident from the smartphones coming before the year ends. The Starmobile Diamond D1 was the first among the new Diamond series that was announced. We spotted a demo unit in Starmobile’s newly opened kiosk in SM Megamall. By the way, there are demo units of newly released tablets and smartphones there that you can play before buying one.
Starmobile Diamond D1 specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch display
- Dragontrail scratch resistant glass
- 12 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, BSI and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and BSI
- HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P7,990
- The device is slim despite the big battery inside it.
- Its quite disappointing that the device only sports a FWVGA display. We wish it would be sporting a qHD display.
- Despite the low resolution display, the screen remains to be bright and produces accurate colors.
- As always, we’ve always liked the soft matte finish of any phone.
- A scratch resistant glass is a nice welcome. Actually all Diamond series sports a scratch resistant glass.
- No lags were encountered during our time with it.
- Judging from the photos from the gallery, the 12 megapixel snapper takes good photos. I said “good” not great. If you like posting photos on Facebook or Instagram, the camera will work just fine.
- Amazing battery life. A good friend bought it recently and he told me the 3,000 mAh battery lasted for 2 full days with Wi-Fi on all the time.