The Cosmos line from Cherry Mobile was launched months ago and we never had a chance to review any of the four devices. During an event last Christmas, we were able to play around the Cherry Mobile Cosmos X. We would like to share our hands on experience. Its better late than never, right?
Cherry Mobile Cosmos X specs:
- 1.2GHz quad core Mediatek MT6589 processor
- PowerVR SGX544MP graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.7-inch Super AMOLED HD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 312 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 18 megapixel rear facing camera with Back Side Illumination and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and Back Side Illumination
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby, SIM 1 regular sim, SIM 2 micro SIM
- HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- GPS, A-GPS
- 1,800 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P9,999
- Slim and very well built. As usual we do hate the shiny back finish of the device.
- We are a little bothered by the camera lens protruding at the back. The lens might scratch easily.
- Nice and beautiful display! As expected AMOLED displays have high color saturation but gives good viewing angles.
- It is overall responsive and has lags are very minimal.
- We think that the 1,800 mAh battery is not enough get you through the day.
- We have not tested the camera fully but when we looked at the phone’s photo gallery, pictures taken from the 18 megapixel camera look absolutely stunning. Too bad, we were not able to send the pictures via Bluetooth so that we could share it here.