Huawei is also present at this year’s CES 2014 in Las Vegas. The company announced the Huawei Ascend Mate 2, the successor to the first generation Ascend Mate phablet. Huawei’s first generation Ascend Mate made a big hit in the Philippines mainly due to its 6-inch screen and has become an a cheaper alternative to the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. There were gripes among smartphone buyers because this device lacks LTE connectivity. Well, it seems Huawei heard it and added LTE connectivity into its successor plus a supersized 4,050 mAh battery for long hours of mobile goodness.
Huawei Ascend Mate specs:
- 1.6GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 306 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 6.1-inch HD IPS LCD (720 x 1280 pixels) 241 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 4.050 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
Huawei claims the battery can do video playback for 12 hours and last 2 days of normal usage. So far, no news yet as to when will it be available internationally.