I managed to borrow a demo unit of the Starmobile Muse, the company’s new and current flagship smartphone. This is the first smartphone that sports a front camera flash for selfies. Nice! Let’s check out the specs first before I share my first impressions.
Starmobile Muse specs:
- 1.5GHz Quad Core MediaTek 6589 Turbo processor
- PowerVR SGX544 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 5-inch full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 441 ppi
- 18 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, LED flash and Back Side Illumination
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with Back Side Illumination and LED flash
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- Dual SIM, Dual 3G, Dual Standby
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,300 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- Price: P12,990
- Body made of high grade polycarbonate. It doesn’t feel cheap while holding it.
- I personally like the white back variant.
- 1080p display is stunning. What can you expect from a full HD display? Great for games! Great for watching videos!
- No lags, no stutters during my time with the device.
- I tried testing the front camera. Those people who like to take selfies, this is your phone. If you like taking selfies anywhere even on dark places, worry not. The front facing camera has BSI, wide angle lens and LED flash, a first from a smartphone. Let me repeat, I am referring to the FRONT FACING CAMERA.
- Since I had limited time with it, I cannot say anything about the battery. But according to the blogs which already reviewed the Muse, battery life is pretty decent.
The Starmobile Muse has one of the best camera lens from a local brand. Selfies won’t be same anymore when you start using this phone. Battery is one of Starmobile’s weakness but with the Muse, you won’t run out of juice anytime soon. Lastly, the phone is just so good looking! 🙂
More and more people