Time flies so fast… It was back in January 2013 when I bought my second iOS device, the Apple iPhone 5. I’ve been using it for more than 10 months now and I am very happy with it. We all know that the iPhone 5 is very smooth, sleek, elegant. However, I’ve seen Android phones grown in size and then time I felt like the iPhone was left behind the game. All Android brands and even Windows Phone devices had an upsize with battery life also improved. So. I asked myself, should I switch? When the new iPhones were announced, I really felt disappointed. Apple has retained the same small 4-inch display and although with improved battery life, it remains to be in below average compared to Android.
So I decided to switch back to Android. The next question is, what phone to get? My choices are the LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 (but I suddenly dropped the S4 among the choices because my mother got one recently). Then my brother said, “why not the Note 3?”. He has a point! Why didn’t I ever think of that?
I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 yesterday morning. This will be my main daily driver (just like my 10-month old iPhone 5) until the time that I will be getting a new one on October or November next year,
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- 2.3 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor (LTE model)
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32 GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.7 inch Super AMOLED Full HD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 386 ppi
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared Port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,200 mAh battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
Here are my first impressions:
- Its big but thin and light. Samsung went back to the more square design of the old Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Amazing screen!
- Super fast! So far I only downloaded one game – Plants vs Zombies 2. It was amazing!
- I love the fake leather effect at the back of the phone. It made the phone look premium.
Hands on review will be posted in a few days!