The LG G2 is the company’s new flagship smartphones aimed to compete with Android bestsellers the Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z1 and HTC One. So far LG has been successful getting the attention of many netizens with its Tweet and Win Promo. Many celebrities have been posting the G2 on Instagram and expressing how impressed they are with the device. Anyway, it is now available for P29,990 and I was able to get a hands on earlier today at SM North Edsa. The unit that I play with has a flip case that turns off the display when closed. This one comes free when you buy a G2!
LG G2 specs:
- 2.2GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- 5.2 inch HD IPS+ Display (1080 x 1920) 424 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 Megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2.1 Megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot, DNLA, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared Port
- Dolby Mobile sound enhancement
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P29,990
- Powerful processor – The 2.26 GHz quad processor is a beast! Some quad core smartphone when flooded with widgets and a live wallpaper lags will surely be noticeable. In the G2’s case there were no lags whatsoever even with so many widgets on the home screen.
- Camera – The 13 megapixel camera is one of the best I’ve seen on an Android smartphone thanks to its Optical Image Stabilization feature. Compare it with Sony’s Xperia Z1 20.7 megapixel camera, the LG still triumphs.
- Cool new features – Not just cool, they come in handy as well. The Knock On feature is the most handy feature. Just double tap on the screen to wake it up. No need to reach out the lock button located at the back. Other features like Guest Mode and Slide Aside are one of the best and well used feature of the phone.
- Battery – Having a 3,000 mAh battery has its benefits. I was playing with the G2 for an hour. For just 30 minutes the battery dropped from 93% to 92%.
- Display – For those who may not know, LG is Apple’s supplier of its IPS LCD displays for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. No wonder the LG G2 has a stunning display.
- LTE – Yes its LTE capable so Globe and Smart LTE will work well here.
- User Interface – This is one of my most hated UI on top of Android. Its too cluttered and quite confusing considering its tons of features. It takes time to get used to especially if you are used to stock Android or Samsung’s UI which i like better.
The price? The SRP is P29,990. If you want it cheaper I suggest you visit the online store Kimstore. The LG G2 is priced P26,305.