The HTC Desire 600 is said to be a mid range smartphone with an expensive pricetag. I went to the HTC Store in Glorietta and found out the SRP is P17,890 (I think…) That’s quite pricey considering the specs. The device has a dual sim variant but what we have here is the single variant.
HTC Desire 600 specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- Adreno 203 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB
- 4.5 inch Super LCD 2 qHD display (960 x 540 pixels) 245 ppi
- 8 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.6 megapixel front facing camera
- 3G/HSDPA, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0
- Beats Audio sound enhancement
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 1,890 mAh battery
- Android 4.1 Jellybean
- Nice Display – Its just so stunning. Yeah, its just qHD display but its bright and vibrant
- Design – HTC is known for its outstanding design and good built quality. No wonder why their phones are so damn expensive. The black variant has a soft touch matte back which so comfy to hold. I think the white one has a glossy back.
- Audio – Just like the flagship HTC One, it has Boomsound. Audio was just mind blowing.
- Average battery
- Software – Because of the pricey SRP, I’m expecting top notch performance on this device. Despite its quad core processing power and 1GB RAM, lags are noticeable here and there. Its not that serious, though, but still disappoints. If you are going to ask me, I won’t spend P18,000 for a phone that has stutters and lags.
- Camera – I haven’t tested the camera thoroughly but I managed to take one picture and it kinda disappoints. Picture lacks vibrancy and sharpness. Maybe I wasn’t able to tweak the settings.
If you prefer style over performance then the HTC Desire 600 is for you. But honestly, I prefer performance over style. Its essential to have a device that just gets the job done. Rather than spending P18,000 for this device, I suggest to you get those flagship devices from local brands like Starmobile Diamond V7, MyPhone Agua Iceberg, and Cherry Mobile Blaze 2.0. If phablets are not your thing, the Starmobile Knight, Cherry Mobile Cosmos X2, Lenovo P780 and Sony Xperia SP are your best bets.