HTC has just announced the HTC Desire 500 in Taiwan. The device is a mid range device with a quad core processor, 4.3 inch display, 1GB RAM, 8 megapixel camera with BSI (back side illumination) for better low light shots, 1,800 mAh battery and running Android Jellybean. The biggest downer though is the low resolution 480 x 800 resolution with a low 217ppi.
HTC Desire 500 specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- Adreno 205 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory with MicroSD expansion up to 64GB
- 4.3 inch LCD display (480 x 800 resolution) 217ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, LED and BSI
- 1.6 megapixel front facing camera with BSI
- 3G/HSDPA, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, DNLA
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Beats Audio
- 1,800 mAh battery
- Android Jellybean with HTC Sense 5 and Blinkfeed UI
The HTC Desire 500 will be available exclusively on Taiwan Mobile on August 1. It will cost around NT11,990 which around P16,000 to P17,000. That’s a little expensive though. No word yet if HTC will offer it locally.